GCSE and A level success for another year!
Success for GCSE and A level students
RECORD GCSE RESULTS FOR LITTLE HEATH STUDENTS
This year has seen an outstanding set of GCSE results for our Year 11, 74% of which achieved at least a Grade 4 in English and Mathematics, the highest attainment score that has have ever been achieved at the school (up 7% from 2018). This was such a well-motivated and positive year group – the students’ hard work and dedication paid off, with well above national average Grade 4+ results in Maths (81%) and English (82%).
- In addition to this, 42 students achieved five or more 9-7 passes – an incredible achievement!
- Fifteen students (6.4%) received the highest Grade 9 in Religious Studies
- The Grade 9 to 7 (equivalent to A* and A grade) pass rate was 25% in Mathematics and 24% in English
- Five or more Grade 9-4 including English and Maths was a record 68.9%
- Five or more passes 9-5 including English and Maths was also a record 47.6%
- 98% of students achieved five or more 9-1 passes including English and Maths
Headteacher David Ramsden said, “I am delighted that students from the Class of 2019 have achieved the success that they so richly deserve. Right from the start, when they joined the school in Year 7, five years ago, they have been a hard-working and determined year group. In Year 11, they put all their energies into preparing for their end of year examinations, attending revision sessions at weekends and even in the holidays. They showed tenacity and a determination to achieve their very best.”
“Our last Ofsted inspection praised the sense of pride in Little Heath School that is shared between staff, governors and pupils, and never is this more evident than on days like today. Students should be particularly proud of their achievements in the core subjects of English and Mathematics, both of which involved more challenging examinations.”
There are several students who deserve a special mention for achieving outstanding results:
- Luke - 9 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8 and an A* Distinction in Further Maths
- Jenya - 8 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 1 Grade 7, and an A in Further Maths
- Amelia - 7 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 2 Grade 7s, and an A* in Further Maths
- Rebecca - 7 Grade 9s, 3 Grade 8s, and an A* Distinction in Further Maths
- Jemima - 6 Grade 9s, 2 Grade 8s, 2 Grade 6s, and an A* in Further Maths
- Joseph - 6 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 3 Grade 7, and an A* in Further Maths
- Alex - 5 Grade 9s, 4 Grade 8s, and an A* in Further Maths
- Gregory - 5 Grade 9s, 2 Grade 8s, 2 Grade 7s and 1 Grade 5
- Thomas - 5 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 3 Grade 7s, 1 Grade 6, A* Dist in Further Maths
- Thomas - 5 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 2 Grade 7s, 1 Grade 6 and 1 Grade 5
We look forward to welcoming a number of our Year 11 students back to Sixth Form next year, and wish all our Year 11s continued success with their next step.
A LEVEL STUDENTS SUCCESS
Once again Little Heath is proud of the performance of our A Level students. This year’s cohort were a delight to work with; 16% of A Level results achieved by the class of 2019 were the top grades of A* - A grades.
These results are a testament to the hard work and commitment of all our staff and students. This success is richly deserved and will enable our students to pursue the next steps in their career plans whether they are university degrees or higher level apprenticeships.
We are really proud of the achievements of all our students but the following deserve special mention:
- Aidan - A*, A*, A*, A*
- Jack - A*, A*, A*, A
- Ben - A*, A*, A A
- Joseph - A*, A*, A, A and B in EPQ
- Georgia - A*, A, A and B in EPQ
- Matthew - A*, A, A
- Abigail - A*, A, A
- Isobel - A*, A, B
- Ben - A, A, A and A in EPQ
- Ella - A, A, A and A in EPQ
A very high percentage of our students are going off to higher education, including Russell Group universities. We will miss the class of 2019 and wish them all the very best for the future!