The Governing Body at Little Heath School involves itself fully in the life of the school, working hard in partnership with students, parents and staff to make educational standards as high as possible. Their aim is to ensure that every child at the school fulfils their potential.
The Governing Body is chaired by Ken Somner, with Juli Morgan-Russell as the Vice Chair.
The Governing Body meets regularly each term with the Headteacher and other senior leaders. As well as Full Governing Body meetings, there are various committees to ensure that the progress of students, teaching and learning and school community are continually at the heart of what we do.
Structure and remit of the Governing Body
- Finance and Resources Committee: chaired by Ria Mohammed, with the Headteacher David Ramsden and School Business Manager Rachel Hearn-Phillips
- Academic Performance Committee: chaired by Ian Bedwell, with Deputy Head Gerry Dowling
- Behaviour, Welfare and Safety Committee: chaired by Stephen Stace, with Deputy Head Gerry Dowling
- Leadership and Management Group: chaired by Ken Somner, with Headteacher David Ramsden
- Teaching and Learning Curriculum Committee: chaired by Juli Morgan-Russell, with Deputy Head Kayley Button
The Clerk to the Governors is Jo Cundy and she can be contacted on email@example.com should you have any questions regarding our Governing Body.
Governor Code of Conduct and Register of Business Interests
Every governor signs that they will comply with the code of conduct for governors. Governors also register any business or financial interests on an annual basis. For the academic year 2020/21 governors presented a nil return for any business or pecuniary interest, with governors who work in an organisation outside of the school declaring their post and the organisation they work for.
We currently have one member of staff with a gross annual salary of over £100,000, in the bracket £110,000 to £119,999.
For more information on Little Heath School’s financial status, please view our financial benchmarking page here. link to benchmarking https://schools-financial-benchmarking.service.gov.uk/school/detail?urn=110063&openOnly=true