Our canteen service at Little Heath School is run by Caterlink.
We use a cashless, biometric system in the school Canteen. Once you have registered, a biometric image of your finger is recorded and translated into a unique reference number. You are identified by this number when you place your finger on the reader in the Canteen.
We have three areas on school site where students can purchase a wide variety of food. The main school canteen serves breakfast items from 8.15am until 8.45am and a selection of hot and cold snacks at break time and lunchtime. During lunchtime the meal of the day will be on offer and a vegetarian option is always available.
As well as the main school canteen, students can purchase a selection of snacks from the outside eating area at both break and lunchtime. Sixth Form students also have their own catering facility serving a variety of hot and cold snacks throughout the day.
Please see below for this term's menus and the current prices (updated September 2023):
Pupil Premium Breakfast Club
Students in receipt of Pupil Premium funding can join us in the canteen, everyday from 8am until 8.50am for a FREE breakfast. They can choose one of the food options and one of the drink options from the breakfast menu and the cost will be covered by their Pupil Premium funding.
If you have any questions, please email Mrs Wraight, email@example.com.
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- Younger than the compulsory age of starting school
- In full-time education
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2023.
To apply for free school meals at LITTLE HEATH SCHOOL, you will need to:-
- Apply online at www.westberks.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals. West Berkshire County Council will contact you about your application and to confirm that you qualify.
- Apply over the phone through Customer Services on 01635 503622 – just have your National Insurance number ready.
- Download the Application Form provided on the website, then complete and return to the address given on the Application Form.
The current allowance for FSM is £2.50 per child, per day which permits them to have a hot meal or sandwich/baguette, hot snack, a small cake/fresh fruit/hot pudding and a bottle of plain water/cuplet (fresh fruit juice). These can only be obtained from the canteen or the Healthy Eating Shack during lunchtimes. Any additional items purchased over this amount or during break time will need to be paid for via the ‘cashless’ system.